Search This Blog

Work Time and Relax Time


One of the struggles I face during the holidays is balancing recreation, family/holiday events and travel, household to-do’s, and work responsibilities. When doing one type of activity, I feel either like I ought or want to be doing one of the other.

Ecclesiastes 3 is a well-known passage, made famous by many artists through the song, “Turn, Turn, Turn.” It reminds us there are many disparate and conflicting activities in life and there are appropriate times for each. Even Jesus praying in John 17, declares to His Father that He accomplished everything that He had come to do—everything. Yet, there were still lepers, blind folks, demoniacs, and so on.

There is more to be done in this life than is possible for us to do, including work, play and other duties. I find that when I oscillate between the different tasks due to indecision or lack of focus, I end up wasting a lot of time and have to focus on one task and not allow anxiety to distract me.

What a daily battle.

SDG

No comments:

Post a Comment