Search This Blog

The Blessing of Help


Tonight was my first big blowout party at my home. It was a good success, and much of that is directly due to my parents. They drove two hours here and immediately jumped in to help set up and worked with me through most of the evening to host and stayed after to help get the food put away, then drove two hours back home. Mother laid out the food and dad put up the tree while I bustled around putting finishing touches on other areas.

Throughout Scripture, God hammers on the concept of relationship. He is in relationship with the three Persons of the Trinity. He created us to be in relationship with Him, and He created us to not just be social beings but interdependent. This is why we don’t all have the same gifts. We are not meant to be islands.

“The LORD God said, ‘It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.’” Gen 2:18

“Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.” Ecc. 4:12

Thanks, Mother and Dad.

SDG

No comments:

Post a Comment