Search This Blog

Agnus Dei




A friend linked this video on facebook. This kid on a Brazillian young talent show belts out one of my most favorite songs. I’ve been posting a lot recently on heavy policy stuff and other denser fare. Here is a pleasant, inspiring break from that to remind us why we do all that we do. I hope you will take four minutes to quietly enjoy this.

I first remember hearing this song in the summer of 1991. I was studying abroad in Siberia, and our group was on a bus riding through the Altai Mountains in south central Siberia. I was borrowing a friend’s Michael W. Smith cassette and had the earphones on as I watched the scenery go by, and this song came on.

It is hard to describe the jumble of feelings that I had—a sense of both home and homesickness, joy, awe, and I don’t know what else. I was carried to a special place and listened to it over and over. I can’t hear it today without remembering that day.

I pray there are songs or sights or smells that carry you to a special time or place. They are true spiritual treasures.

SDG

No comments:

Post a Comment