Search This Blog

Scholar's Prayer


This nugget is from the president of the C. S. Lewis Foundation, Dr. Stan Mattson, inspired by Choristers’ Prayer of the Royal College of Church Music:

Bless us O Lord, your servants who are called to scholarly vocations.
Grant that what we understand with our minds and profess through our words
may be grounded in truth and reflected in our lives,
to the greater good and well-being of our students,
our colleagues, our academic communities and the world at large,
through Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen

While God is the hearer of our prayers, I find encouragement from Lewis’ reflection:

"I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me."

SDG

No comments:

Post a Comment