Search This Blog

Times of Stress


In II Timothy 3:1, Paul told his protégé, “But understand this, that in the last days there will be times of stress.” Without getting apocalyptic, I have noticed that this semester has been a greater than normal “time of stress” for many people, myself included. People are tired, they are behind, they are worn out.

It is not merely the economy, though for many it is definitely a strong factor. I think there is something deeper, a cultural, spiritual malaise and stress that is affecting people on a wide scale.

I don’t know the cause. I only know one aspect of the cure. Prayer. Please join me in more fervent prayer for God’s peace to flow over folks, and in so doing, fertilize the soil of hearts to respond to His invitation for reconciliation and redemption through Christ.

SDG

No comments:

Post a Comment