Search This Blog

Centennial

This is the 100th post of Scholar Redeemer, and done in 101 days. In that time, there have been 1486 visits to the site, not to mention folks who have subscribed to receive posts by email. It has generated 27 comments, in addition to email communication. The most popular topics have been my reviews of the Vibrant Dance, Martin Gaskell’s case (as soon as I get more info, I’ll pass it on!), and Bob Woodberry’s tenure situation. Even more exciting, the blog has had visitors from 26 countries across all 6 inhabited continents! See the following list:

US

1246

Hong Kong

1

Russia

41

Ireland

1

Slovenia

38

France

7?

UK

33

Qatar

2+

Germany

25

Singapore

2+

Canada

16

South Africa

1+

Croatia

12

Malaysia

1?

Denmark

10

Netherlands

1?

China

9

Philippines

1?

Australia

8

Ukraine

1?

Chile

8

Vietnam

1?

Spain

2

Panama

1?

Israel

2

Greece

1?

To me, this is both humbling and invigorating. The fact that so many folks around the world have stumbled across this in just over three months and chosen to read it at least once is incredible. Thank you! That so many have come back, is even more wonderful. Thank you again! I pray it has been a blessing to you, as that is the sole purpose of this silicon-based rag.

The profound thing about this list is that it reminds me that the church is truly global, that Christ came for ALL people, and is truly redeeming every tribe and culture. While 1500 hits out of 6-7 billion people is less than a drop in the bucket (and even smaller considering in includes repeat readers), it is still exciting to see the potential to reach a whole world from my laptop in my home or office or wherever I am. And Christ is greater still.

On to the millennial!

SDG

No comments:

Post a Comment